Privacy at Chaos Genius
- Effective Date:
In addition, a separate agreement governs delivery, access, and use of the Services (the “Terms of Services” or “MSA”), including the processing of any data submitted through the Services (“Service Data”). The organization (e.g., your employer or another entity or person) that agreed to the “Terms of Services” (“Customer”) controls its instance (the “Customer Instance”) of the Services and any associated Service Data .
Data Chaos Genius Collects and Receives
Chaos Genius may collect, generate, and receive Service Data and other information and data (collectively “Information”) in a variety of ways:
The “Personal Data” we collect in order to offer our services includes:
- Organization Name;
- User Name;
- Email address;
- Account details, including password;
- Infrastructure provider access credentials (e.g. Snowflake, Databricks or other infrastructure provider);
- Financial details, including billing information;
If you do not provide the required information you may not be able to subscribe to this product.
In addition to this data, Chaos Genius may collect your usage information with regards to its Services (“Services Data”).
Customers and individuals granted access to a Customer Instance by a Customer (“Authorized Users”) may submit Service Data to Chaos Genius when using the Services.
- Services metadata. When an Authorized User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Authorized Users interact with the Services.
- Log dataAs with most technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device information. Chaos Genius collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether Chaos Genius collects some or all of this information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Location information. Chaos Genius receives information from you, your Customer and other third parties that may help Chaos Genius approximate your location. Chaos Genius may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. Chaos Genius may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins and add-ons;
- Usage data, such as time spent on our website, pages visited, links clicked, language preferences, and the pages that led or referred you to our website.
We use Google Analytics to help us analyze your use of our website, diagnose technical issues and improve our website.If you do not provide the required information you may not be able to subscribe to this product.
How we use the data we collect
Service Data will be used by Chaos Genius in accordance with the applicable Terms of Service or MSA, Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. Chaos Genius is a processor of Service Data and Customer is the controller.
In addition, Chaos Genius uses Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites, and business. More specifically, Chaos Genius uses Information:
- As required by applicable law, legal process, or regulation.
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites, and business. This includes use of Service Data and other information to support delivery of the Services under the Terms of Service or MSA, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities.
- To develop and provide additional features. Chaos Genius tries to make the Services as useful as possible for Customers, and Chaos Genius may use aggregated and anonymized Services Data and other information to develop new Services or improve existing Services.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments, and questions. If you contact us, Chaos Genius may use Information to respond.
- To send emails and other communications. Chaos Genius may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages, and other types of communications. Chaos Genius may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, Chaos Genius sometimes sends emails about new product features, promotional communications, or other news about Chaos Genius. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them. If you have additional questions about a message you have received from Chaos Genius please reach out through the contact mechanisms described below.
- For billing, account management, and other administrative matters. Chaos Genius may need to contact you for invoicing, account management, and similar reasons and Chaos Genius uses account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
If Information is aggregated or de-identified so that it is no longer reasonably associated with an identified or identifiable natural person, Chaos Genius may use it for any business purpose.
How we share personal data
We may share personal data with service providers that support the delivery of Chaos Genius services, including payment processors like Stripe, customer support service providers, and other service providers that process personal data on our behalf. Your infrastructure access credentials are never shared outside of Chaos Genius and are handled with extreme care.
In addition, we may disclose personal data about you (i) if we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, for example due to a court order or a request from a law enforcement agency, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (iii) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or other illegal activity, and (iv) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation). (v) with consent.
Chaos Genius maintains technical and organizational safeguards to ensure an appropriate level of security and confidentiality for your Information, in accordance with our policies and applicable legislation. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, Chaos Genius cannot guarantee that Information in our care will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise. To read more about security at Chaos Genius, please see our security page.
Chaos Genius will retain Service Data in accordance with the applicable Terms of Service or MSA, Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law.
The time period for which we keep personal data depends on the purpose for which we collected it. In all cases we keep it for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it. We will then delete the personal data, unless we are legally required to retain it or if we need to retain it in order to comply with our legal obligations (for example, for tax and accounting purposes).
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and rectification of the personal data we maintain about you, or to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data or to object to that processing on grounds relating to your situation.In addition, you may have the right to request erasure of your personal data from Chaos Genius's systems in certain circumstances provided by applicable law. Where technically feasible, upon written request and verifiable identification, we will provide you with a copy of the personal data provided to us by you in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format. To exercise these rights, please contact Chaos Genius at [email protected]
If you have questions about how Chaos Genius handles your Information or would like to exercise your rights, please reach out by emailing or writing to us at [email protected]